Friday, May 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Helen

I made this for one of the house leaders at Habitat for Humanity. Her birthday is over Memorial Day weekend this year and we do not work that day so I will give it to her early. She really loves to see the cards I make so I'm sure she will enjoy receiving one. I used a card as a sample from Pinterest that was actually published in Paper Crafts magazine. I popped the front pieces to give it more dimension. I will be making cupcakes or some sort of cake for tomorrow as well. I just have to decide The what to make. The words seem to still be crooked in the arrow. I have redone it several times and this is the best I can get. I guess everything can't be perfect and it is a hand made card afterall but still...I dislike giving things that look imperfect.

Update: I decided on devils food cupcakes with white frosting. I ran out of white so used chocolate for two cupcakes and put a dot on the cupcakes where I added a chocolate kiss in after 5 min of baking. Boy those were good. Helen really was appreciatiave of the card and the cupcakes. She told her husband John (also a house lead), "look, Shannon made me one of her special cards". That made me feel good. And...she didn't even notice that the stamped images were crooked. Yay for me (because I notice). I had to let it go though.



Supplies: Bazzill, The Paper Studio, Recollections, Making Memories, Cricut, Essentials cartridge, Inkadinkadoo stamp, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, SU words, SU clear embossing powder, Sharpie, bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.