Thursday, March 24, 2011

A whole lot of paper piecing going on!

I made this card and scrapbook layout for my friend Kim's first grand daughter. I saw the bedding Courtney had chosen and couldn't help but think how cute that would be as a card. I don't normally look at a card as a piece of art, but in this case, I couldn't help it. The card turned out so cute I had to include it as part of the layout. Well...originally, I was going to make two animals of each and after realizing how much time I had invested, I decided to search for a sketch I could use that would allow me to incorporate the card. I found a perfect sketch and used the card where the larger picture would go. I think I should clean my desk off next time I choose to take a picture of something after I've made it. lol. Courtney and Kim both loved it. The first picture is the card, the second is a picture of the bedding from Target and the third is with the card incorporated into the scrapbook layout. I have asked Kim to take a picture of the layout for me so you can see it better.






I used the sketchabilities sketch located here:



Supply List:  Bazzil (pink and white), Chatterbox (orange), SU melon mambo and another pink and chocolate chip, My Minds Eye (pink and white polka dot), Rob and Bob stack (green), cuttlebug, swiss dot embossing folder, brads, the animals were made from $1 stamps from Michaels (elephant and monkey and palm tree - but I created the tree trunk myself to make it longer), flower punch for larger flower, circle punch, i stamped an SU flower for the smaller flower and cut it out, I added a white dot of acrylic paint in the middle of the flower brad to make it match, the giraffe, turtle, and lion all were from http://www.coloring.ws/ where I sized the images to what I needed. I ran the colored paper through the printer for the various colors. For the layout, I used a Prima bling accessory that I cut in half to put around the silk flower. The hearts are cut from a wood heart shape I have. In the bigger flowers, the pink is a Prima flower. The white flower in the elephant is a silk flower from Michaels. Baby is bazzill chipboard lettering. I also framed this in a scrapbook frame from Michaels.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.