Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's not Ah So, but it was tasty!

See everyone...I actually can cook! I really dislike cooking for one. It's just not fun. I started a new diet so heathly eating for me for awhile. That's a double-edged sword for me. I like to eat good-tasting food. I grew up in Iowa, I learned to cook from my mom and grandma and we use butter and make things with gravy! Sorry, I digress. I originally said in the blog I would add posts about things I create whether they were in the kitchen or my craft room so here s a kitchen post. It isn't Ah So, but it did have good flavor.

I made stir fry tonight. Here's what it looked like while it was still in the wok.




Here is what it looked like all plated.

Ingredients: Chicken breast, fresh garlic, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash onion and herb and garlic and herb, a tiny shake of Lawrey's garlic salt, black pepper, broccoli, celery, green onions, about a teaspoon olive oil and 1 sliver of butter for flavor, a small shake of soy sauce for stir fry flavor and some water. A little less than a half cup of minute rice. Yes...I can have one grain per day so I went with rice. I didn't eat all this that was on the plate, and I ate every thing very slowly so I would be full sooner. Works every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.