Thursday, August 4, 2011

Whale

I made these for the AUGVSN11MINI2 as well as used the VLVAUG2011 - week 1 sketch. I will be sending these off to Grandma and Aunt Madonna for the month of Aug. This was for the Queens Wave challenge. To use something that waved, was in waves, etc. I decided to use a whale, wavy paper, a swirl embossing folder, and I had to add the blingy crown because it was the Queens wave afterall. Originally, when I made this card, I just had the whale on it due to the time constraints for the challenge. I posted it anyway, but didn't really like it. I added to it, and now, like it a little better. I was making the cards at my neighbors during craft day, and didn't have my paper scraps with me so the pinks are different. I posted the before and after pictures. The digi is from an online coloring book that I shrunk down. I had the whale printed and colored and just couldn't get it to work on my card (too big) so I cut it down to fit and remarked the edges. The waves by the whale are hand drawn and cut. The baker's twine is homemade. I like having the whale on the circle. It doesn't look like I just stuck a whale on the strips of paper.






Supply List: Bazzill (white), SU melon mambo, SU pixie pink, Sonborn (wave pattern), Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug dog and swirl embossing folders, SU silver embossing powder, Silver Encore ink, Sharpie, bling, Baker's twine, button, Nestabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.