Monday, May 2, 2011

Semra

Ceylan and Mark's baby girl turned one. I made a scrapbook layout for them as their gift. I had acutally made a layout for Matthew when he was a baby that Ceylan had framed. I asked her once why she didn't have a layout for Semra...the answer was simply put, "I'm waiting for you to do it so I have one for both kids from you." I had completely forgotten I made Matthew's layout. I thought it was one Ceylan had made and mine was in the book. Guess I was wrong. I asked Ceylan for a picture long ago. I received two, but made this one since I have a completely and more "modern" look in my mind for it. Ceylan was so excited when she saw this. I'm glad she liked it. I was so excited yesterday. The frames just happened to be on sale at Michaels. That made my day especially since I was going to buy one anyway. Click on the photo below if you would like to see the details of the layout. I used a sketch from Prima Marketing although, I'm unsure of which month it is. I didn't use the 3 pictures, just the one. I used my sewing machine to create the lines around the heart (which was hand drawn and cut). Do you know how hard it is for someone like me to intentionally sew crooked? It just wouldn't have looked the same if I had. I drew the lines on first so I would have them there and be able to follow them.


Here is the link to the build-a-page sketches.

Supply list: Bazzill (white), CTMH (pink, dark pink, brown, and pattern), Wilton doiley, Cricut, Don Juan cartridge, Heritage cartridge, Prima bling flourish, circle punch, scallop punch, homemade pink material flower, pink flower on top to match the ones in the dress from Walmart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.