Tuesday, May 24, 2011

May VSN Challenge Cards

Last weekend was May Virtural Stamp Night (VSN). I only had time to make four cards for the weekend. I was helping my friend Ceylan on Saturday at her dance school's recital. I even had to speak on stage...I will be prepared next year.

The first card was for MAY11VSNA - Blue Waters challenge. It was a color challenge to use kraft, aqua, light green, and the dessert was to use yellow.


Supply list: SU Kraft, SU bashful blue, Recollections green, Cuttlebug, SU lattice embossing folder, SU dot embossing folder, Cricut, Elegant Edges cartridge (imagine that!!), SU bodacious boquet, Katie & Co, Offray ribbon, sewing machine, Sharpies (for colors around border and to color the bling, bling, Heidi Swapp paper distresser.

This card was for the MAY11VSNC ARRR! challenge. We were to use 3 things that started with R for this challenge. I used ribbon, the color red, ric rak, and a round image (I know...I used 4 instead of 3. That tapped out my R supplies.



Supply list: Bazzill (white), Recolletions (red, black, striped paper, and polka dot paper), Paper Trey Inc ric rak die, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Corner rounder, Offray ribbon, Hole punch, Katie & Co.

This card is for the MAY11VSNE - Land Lubber challenge to make a beach scene or something you would see at a beach. I really had invisioned this to look more real in real life. That didnt' happen.


Supply list: Bazzill (white, charcoal, navy), SU kraft, SU bashful blue, bright blue misc, SU orange from in color a few years ago, DCWV (wood grain paper), Cuttlebug, SU lattice embossing folder, SU dot embossing folder, Cuttlebug swirl embossing folder, studio g (clear, 2 sets), twine, paper piecing for the beak and stumps.

This last card is for the MAY11VSNF Polly wants a cracker challenge. We were to use bright colors and a bird image of some sort. I cased myself from an earlier Verve sketch challenge (see older post of Blue Bird of Happiness). I bet you are suprised that I used SU melon mambo...lol. This card just makes me smile. The bright pink and bright colors just makes me happy.


Supply list: Bazzill (white), SU melon mambo, SU daffodil, SU orange from in color a few years ago, DCWV (patterns), bling, Cricut, Paper Lace cartridge, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug circle embossing folder, paper piecing.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet collection of cards Shannon! Love the mixture of texture and layers!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.