Monday, May 2, 2011

MAY11VSNMINI Challenges

These cards are for the May VSN mini challenges on Splitcoast Stampers. I will add all the four new cards all in one post. The fifth card was posted on Saturday morning. I did that one first because I needed to give it to the family at the Habitat for Humanity house dedication.

The first challenge was Weigh Anchor and hoist the mizzen! (In English, that means to use material of some sort on the card). I'm not up on my pirate talk. MAY11VSNMINI1. I used pink material for the strip of the material, the handmade flower and the smaller heart. For the large heart, I used the SU chipbboard shape to cut out the paper. For the smaller heart, I used another piece of chipboard to cut my heart. I covered it in material. Apparently, I can't seem to figure out which way I need to put the paper in my dot embossing folder. I wanted the shiney side to be out with the embossed dots, but that didn't happen so I used it anyway. Still like the look, just not as much. I made this little flower by ripping the material into strips (already had that done), freying the sides, and pleating it. I then stitched it together quickly and added the pearls. The rest is pretty straight forward. In real life, the background is shiney (Bazzill bling) and the color is a soft pink for the accents.


Supply list: Bazzill (white), Bazzill Bling (charcoal), SEI (pink and white polka dot and reverse side for solid pink), Recollections black, pink material, Studio G stamp ($1 Michaels), handmade flower, Pearls from Recollections, non-SU black ink.
______________________

This was the second challenge. MAY11VSNMINI2. We be going on the account. Which was a sketch. I turned the sketch upside-down and changed which corner the do dad to the right. This was a fun sketch. The bonus was to use something "piratey". I found this paper at Hobby Lobby a while ago and this was the perfect opportunity to use it. I just realized that the panels beneath the main panel are two different sizes. I didn't notice that before.


Here is the sketch:


Supply list: Bazzill (white), Recollections Red, Me and my big ides (skeleton), The Paper Studio (pirate skulls), Inkadinkadoo stamp, ribbon, non-SU black ink.
_______________________

This was for the MAY11VSNMINI3 challenge. Ahoy land lubbers. We were to use a picture or colors for inspiration. All of this is paper from various stacks I have or cardstock. I think it's the ugliest card I have ever made. It needs something. I didn't take the entire 45 minutes on it, so may add to it later. Paper pieceing was done for the tree and the Umbrella.


Here is the inspirational picture.


Supply list: Bazzill (white, green), Stack sand, sky, and water paper, SU chocolate chip, SU Delightful Daffodil, Recollections (red), Inkadinkadoo clear stamps, Katie and Co umbrella stamp, non-SU black ink, SU garden green ink.
_______________________

This is the fourth challenge for VSN. MAY11VSNMINI4. Pretty polly. Using colors of a parot (green, red, orange, yellowm and a spash of blue). I used the embossed technique on this card. Paper pieced the cupcake and added a rhinestone to the top. I love this look with the bright colored circles.




Supply list: SU kraft, SU chocolate chip, su brilliant blue, su delightful daffodil (yes, both yellow dots are this color), bazzill (white,green), recollections, misc orange, Cricut shape, cuttlebug, SU embossing folder, Offray ribbon, SU garden greetings stamp, Katie and Co cupcake stamp, circle punch, hole punch, SU chocolate chip ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.