Monday, April 4, 2011

Vintage/Victorian Swap cards

Hi. Finally, here is my card for a Vintage/Victorian swap I am in. The deadline is April 22nd, but I'm mailing them from AZ to WI tomorrow. I have spent a lot of time on these...I want them off my desk. I won't post on SplitCoast Stampers until Dani the hostess posts that she received them. I like how my card turned out. Originally, I was going to use black, white, and pink. I found the papers that looked like my idea in my head and then couldn't get the idea to work so I went with black and ivory. I must have known something was going to happen because when I bought the pink material, I also bought the ivory. I used my Cricut my mom gave me and the heritage cartridge for the cameo. Laurel had the suggestion for me to use the vanilla behind the cameo to make it pop more. At first, I didn't want to do that (didn't want to have to cut more stuff by hand), but am glad I did. I used a stamp my mom found for less than $2 for the entire set. She is quite the bargain shopper!! Must be where I get it : ). I popped the stamped image and the cameo up with foam mounting squares from the DollarTree. I always use these squares. I love them and have turned quite a few people on to them. The flower and the hat pins were hand made by me. The material was ripped and threads removed to achieve the frayed look for the flower and the strip. The ribbon was ruffled. The flower started out as a strip of material with frayed edges and I pleated it then attached the pleated netting, hat pin and button.


Supply list: SU vanilla card base, stamped image, and behind cameo, black on first layer is Recollections, DCWV black/vanilla stripe (All Dressed Up), The Paper Studio (Black and Cream Damask), Cricut and heritage cartridge for cameo, Button by LaMode, Lace from Hobby Lobby, Material from Hobby Lobby for flower and strip, black ribbon is Offray, stamped image is Rubber Stampede - Wedded Bliss set. The edges of the Black and Cream Damask papers were distressed using the Heidi Swapp paper distresser.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.