Monday, April 18, 2011

All dogs go to heaven

I made this card for my boss. Her dog passed away last week. I hope she likes it. I added the heart on there as an after thought because there was a tiny spot of ink on my paper I couldn't remove. I think it adds to it. I followed the VLVApr2011 sketch on Splitcoast Stampers. I used my cricut, elegant edges for the shape in the middle. I added the blue ribbon and navy around the main image because of the All dogs go to heaven paper. I added "My Forever Pet" on an insert inside for her.


My Forever Pet

There’s something missing in my home,
I feel it day and night,
I know it will take time and strength
Before things feel quite right.

But just for now, I need to mourn,
My heart – it needs to mend,
Though some may say it’s “just a pet”
I know I’ve lost a friend.

You’ve brought such laughter to my home,
and richness to my days…
A constant friend through joy or loss,
With gentle, loving ways.

Companion, pal, and confidante,
A friend I won’t forget,
You’ll live for always in my heart,
My sweet, forever pet…

by Suzanne Taylor


Supply list: Bazzill (white and grey), Recollections (red and black), SU (vanilla and night of navy), Around the Block (paw prints), Pet collections (dog houses), Carolees Creations (all dogs go to heaven), SU embossing folder, Cricut, Elegant Edges cartridge, Stamp is unknown (Dollar Tree), Making Memories brads, Ribbon from Michaels, Cuttlebug, Fiskars hole punch, Heart punch, Corner Rounder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.