Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bluebird of happiness...

That's really not what I named this, but that is what Belinda said when she saw it. lol. I made this last night for two challenges on Splitcoast Stampers, but realized this am when I woke up that it really only fits one. The CAS challenge is supposed to be clean and simple, a lot of white space, and easily duplicated. This week, the challenge was to use soft aqua, soft yellow, and white. It dawned on me that it has a lot of layers so probably doesn't qualify for the CAS113 challenge. Oh well, it turned out cute. The one challenge it does work for is the Verve Sketch challenge. There will be four Verve sketches for the month of April. I will post this on Splitcoast Stampers tonight under the VLVApr2011 challenge. I paper pieced the beak and wing. I used my Cricut and Paper Lace cartridge for the flower frame behind the main image. This card would be perfect for a baby or Spring, or just because.



Supply list: Bazzill (white and blue), SU barely banana (yellow), DCWV stack (yellow) and Rob and Bob stack(blue), Craftsmart stamp ($1 from Michaels), Cricut, Paper Lace cartridge, Cuttlebug, Embossing folder, Recollections half pearls (eye and pearls on sides), Non SU black ink, Nestabilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.