Monday, May 19, 2014

GCC0519 - Happy Father's Day

It's Monday! And that means a new challenge has been posted for the Greeting Card Challenge over at the Outlawz. This week, our theme is masculine or Armed Forces Day. Come on over and join along in the fun. 

This image just makes me laugh. It has a lot of significance for my dad. The guy doesn't look like my dad, dad isn't balding nor will he ever be bald, he doesn't wear sweaters or slippers, but the rest of it pretty much is true. The story behind why I chose this image is because I don't like to do dishes. When my dad is here for the winter, I don't do many dishes. He does them or loads the dishwasher. Yay for me. We have discussions regarding how the dishwasher doesn't wash silverware to my specifications so I used my Cuttlebug ef of silverware for the background. When dad is here and he uses Clorax cleanup, I make him wear the apron so he doesn't ruin his clothes from bleach splatters. I even had his buddy Carl wear the apron when he was here. Carl didn't like wearing it and scoffed when I tied it on him. When his buddy Joe was here last year, he did all the dishes and no one back home could believe he would do the dishes at my house. It looked like the Tasmanian devil came through. There would be water everywhere. I didn't care...I didn't have to do the dishes. 

The sponsor this week Dr Digi.


Challenges submitted to:
Created with Love Challenges - cwlc 82 lots of layers 
Artistic Inspirations Challenges - #92 anything goes - punches or dies
Besties Challenge  - something old or something new (new: Cuttlebug ef, scallop punch, ribbon)


Supplies: Paper: Neenah, X-Press It blending cardstock, Bazzill (orange, lime green, black), SU Kraft, Dafodill, Recollections. Stamps, Dr Digis - Dishtowel Dave, Fiskars. Accessories: Cricut, Martha Stewart Seasonal cakes cartridge, Small Talk Tags & Frames cartridge, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug ef (2), EK success punches (2), American Crafts ribbon, Bazzill bling. Inks: Copics, American Crafts alcohol inks, Spectrum Noir, Memories. 

1 comment:

  1. Great card. Love the image, it could be my Dad! Thanks so much for joining us at the Artistic Inspirations Challenge. Suz xxx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.