Monday, November 4, 2013

GCC1104 - Create a bookmark

This week's greeting card challenge on the Outlawz (GCC110413) is to create a bookmark. I created a bookmark and a card so it would have something to sit on. I'm sending this to my grandma and made it with the intent she can use it on her bible since she goes to bible study a few times during the week. I tested it out and it's really flat so it won't hurt the spine. I was proud of myself that I could add as much dimension and still keep it flat. I tested it out on a magazine, a bible, and another book. It will be perfect. I hope she actually uses it. When I tacked down the stripe paper, I did not use adhesive at the corner so the bookmark would fit and still look like the frame around the card.

I used this tutorial off Splitcoast Stampers for the corner bookmark. I also looked at Pinterest for some inspiration, but after the bookmark itself was made, the elements just kind of came together since I was using the cross stamp and it took up most the space.

This month's sponsors are:


I first showed the card with the bookmark on the corner, the bookmark all by itself, and the bookmark next to the card.




Supplies: SU very vanilla, SU mellon mambo, MME, Recollections, Glitter paper from Michael's, Stampabilities, PTI border, bling, circle punches, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders,


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.