Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sorry

I have had to make too many pet sympathy cards in the recent weeks. : (  My cousin's wife Kendra adopted this cute little dog long before she met my cousin. Her little dog Bentley passed away last week of congestive heart failure. My family treats their animals like little humans so I know it was very hard on Kendra. She said that Bentley helped her pick her husband (my cousin Jeff) because when they first met, Bentley jumped right in Jeff's lap. Animals know...

I tried to add some light brown steaks through the Cricut die cut but didn't like the look so redid it. Of course...that was after I had the dog all glued on. I decided not to fiddle with the second one. I used a sketch off Pinterest and will link to it later. The sketch was in a square card and since I do not like to make square cards at all, I changed it to my standard A-2 card. The sketch had three buttons in the strip of paper so I used the paw print stamp. I wanted the paw print to be centered in the heart beause pets definitely leave paw prints on our hearts. I decided to add a red rhinestone and a paw brad. I cut the prongs off the brad since the card was already completed.





Supplies: Colorbok paper, Recollections, Bazzill, Bazzill bling cardstock SU chocolate chip cardstock, SU chocolate chip ink, SU clear embossing powder, SU stamp, Cricut, Cricut Every Day Pop-up cards cartridge, Studio G stamp (paw prints).

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.