Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Congrats Stacy and Ryan

My cousin Stacy and her husband Ryan had their third and last baby on June 10, 2013. I made this card to send off. I found a card on Pinterest and used it almost exactly. I will post the link later. I'm generally not one to copy almost exactly for a card. The colors just seemed baby to me so I went with it. I mount most all my cards on a white base and use the 1/4 inch border. My buttons are a lot smaller then what was in the card I used as a sample so I mounted them on the blues for additional layerin and color. I sewed the buttons on with red thread.

There were a few funny things that transpired for this. 1. I didn't even know that my cousin was having the baby. All I knew was June. 2. I was thinking about the name Liam on Saturday while getting ready to go to the dance recital - I had no idea that was the name Stacy and Ryan were choosing and I'm not exactly sure why it popped in my head.

Liam Jay Carroll was born June 10, 2013, 10:35 am, 6 pounds 8 ounces, and was 19.25 inches long.


Supplies: SU Kraft, SU Night of Navy, SU Bliss Blue, Recollections, DCWV, unknown, Studio G and Craftsmart stamps, circle punches, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Cricut, Elegant Edges cartridge, SU bakers twine, SU Night of Navy ink, red thread, Corner rounder. I hand cut the pennant and the circle around boy.

1 comment:

  1. Great card Shannon! I love your story behind it too ... Kinda twilight zone-ish! lol.
    BTW - My brothers youngest boy is named Liam. Great name!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.