Wednesday, June 4, 2014

TCCCB0604 - Beach bum

This card was made for the Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog Wednesday challenge. Our theme this week is masculine. Come on over and join in on the fun.

For those of you who know me, know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach, palm trees, the ocean, the sand, and sea life. I love to snorkel, swim, body surf, knee board, etc. Yes, I love all these things and sometimes wonder why I live in the desert. I love that, too surprisingly. But when I can, I hit the ocean, travel to beach locations and take advantage of any beach time I can get. This image is just so cute. I found this stamp at Archiver's in Des Moines, IA over the Christmas holidays. I'm sure going to miss that store. I knew it just had to be mine. I tried to make this card to mimic a beach scene. I will be sending this to my friend in California or if it works out, I'll give it to him when I go see him later in the summer. I have to get in that much needed beach time!!!!!

The sponsor this week is Bugaboo and the image is guy-surf



Challenges submitted to:
Fab n Funky Challenges - challenge-219 - fathers day or for men in your life
Simon Says Stamp Blog  - fathers day/masculine
Cuttlebug Mania  - fathers day
Fantastic Tuesday  - challenge #38 - summer
Through the Craft Room Door  - ttcrd challenge june 3 to june 9

Supplies:
Paper: Neenah, Bazzill (, orange, blue - sky, black), The Paper Studio (blue water - 2), SU Daffodil, Kraft.
Stamps: Bugaboo - guy surf, Stampendous.
Accessories: Cricut, Small Talk Tags & Frames cartridge (sun), Life is a Beach cartridge (waves and flip flops), Phrases (clouds), Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Darice cloud ef (blue sky), Darice small dots ef, Cuttlebug dot ef, SU lattice ef, Ranger Glossy Accents, pop dots.
Ink: Copic, Spectrum Noir, American Craft, Memories.

6 comments:

  1. I just love your beach bum Shannon! Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Love the beach scene you created. You colored the image beautifully! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh fabulous card Shannon! beautiful coloring and I like the waves :-D
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. your masculine Card is totally cooooll Shannon..lovely Image you have choosen and nice layout too..love the add of the sandal there...(flip flip) great masculine card...love love this Shannon...

    I just joining for the first time the challenge from Crafters Cafe Blog, if you want to look maybe, my card is #27, I would be so glad if you like to see it on my blog and would be soo happy if you could leave me some love....hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great fun and bright card

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card, it's fantastic.

    Thank you for sharing it with us at Fab 'n' Funky Challenges.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.