Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Ballerina - Ceylan

I made this card for my friend Ceylan. She collects elephants and owns a dance school. What is more appropriate than a dancing elephant in ballerina slippers? I found this picture in an online coloring book about 5 months ago and saved it so I could make it for her birthday. I just love this card. (Yes...I said it). It makes me smile when I see it. I paper pieced all the pink, dark pink tutu, and then I hand sewed the netting for the pink tutu. I wish I could see Ceylan open it so I could see her face. (Also hoping she isn't hopping on the computer to look at my blog in the next few days before she receives it in the mail--yes, it's mail bound and even early at that). There is a lot of hand cutting on this one.

I used a sketch from The Pink Elephant. The only exception was that there are supposed to be 3 flowers at the top sideways and I used a larger flower with a second center flower instead.


Supply list: Bazzill (white and black), Recollections (pink and white and black and white polka dot), Ribbon, Prima flowers, rhinestones, SU Circle of Friendship, Making Memories bling brad, Circle punches, Cricut shape hand cut. The digi is from either Coloring.ws or coloring-pages-kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.