Monday, June 27, 2011

VLVJune2011 (week 3) - Happy 4th of July

This is my June card for my grandma and great aunt. I used the VLVJune2001 week 3 sketch. I rarely send 4th of July cards...and will have these mailed for June so they can enjoy them for the 4th of July. It seemed like if I sent them for July, grandma and Aunt M wouldn't be able to enjoy them as long for the holiday. This is one of my very favorite cards I have ever made. The firecracker definitely is my favorite part. I stuck a piece of silver ribbon inside the rolled firecracker and made cuts down it to resemble the spark for the firecracker. The papers are shimmery and the cardstock is shimmery also. I made the rosette with the Score-Pal (thanks Laurel for letting me use it). I scored a lot of paper strips this past weekend so I can have them to make more rosettes in the future. I'm sure the Post Office will love me!!

* Updated to say: I have not mailed the 4th of July cards yet. I forgot they were in my craft bag. Guess gram and Aunt M will get two in the month of July. Geeze.


Supply list: Recollections (red, shimmery white), SU Night of Navy (navy), Reminisce Freedom Collection 2 (blue stars, both red/white/blue stars), Cricut shape, ribbon for card and firecracker Offray, SU scallop border punch, Score-Pal, SU star punches, bling from JoAnn's, button Michaels ($1 bin), SU silver cording through button holes, SU stamp - Liberty for all set, black ink, cuttlebug, SU Lattice EF.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.