Tuesday, December 25, 2012

My AZ Christmas Cards for 2012

This is what my Christmas cards looked like this year. I paper pieced everything except Santa's sunglasses, his skin, and his flip flops. The bulbs on the tree are Stickles. I was going to add a rhinestone for each bulb but liked the Stickles idea more. I probably have an hour (or possibly more in each card). For my family in Iowa, I thought this AZ Santa would brighten the drab winter days. This would have been just a little bit more complete had I been able to find mini Pepsi cans or mini fruity drinks. I ended up not really liking these cards but was too far into it not to finish them. And to think, I made the snowman card (below) and didn't like it so made the comment that I wish someone had a Santa in swim trunks because I wanted to use the Santa suit hanging on the line stamp. Laurel happened to have this old Stampin' Up! set (well, she had two of them in fact). On the snowman card, I would have added an orange nose and bling on the snowflakes had I finished it. I did cut enough to make 6 cards...and scrapped the idea when I realized I didn't like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.