Friday, May 18, 2012

Taco Salad Iowa style!

My cousin Linda used to take this taco salad to all the family reunions back in the day. I loved it and always wanted to eat the whole bowl. I finally received the recipe (not that it requires one really). Thanks for giving it to me Tracy. It tasted just as I remembered. I almost bought salsa to go in it instead of the Thousand Island dressing, but I refrained. I wanted it to taste like I remember so I used the dressing.


Ingredients:
Hamburger
Taco seasoning
Onion chopped
Tomato
Cheese
Dorito chips
Lettuce
Thousand Island dressing

Brown hamburger with half the chopped onion. Add taco seasoning once ready. Add the last ingredients and stir everything together. Add the dressing and chips last. I broke up the chips to be added individually since I didn't want them to get soggy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.