Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Green Chili tortilla roll-ups

Hi Everyone. I'm back after a long time of being away. I didn't make much in my craft room in these last months, but I did make a few items in my kitchen. Just a few. I made these for Christmas Eve with Kim Simm's family. Barb, Kim's mom has a Mexican theme for the food for Christmas Eve and they have all the items I make well in the Mexican theme so I tried these. I went searching online for recipes, asked Jodi Levell for her recipe, and combined what I liked best from all of them and modified to my liking. They were a big hit. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of them.

Flour tortillas (I used approximately 10 burrito size tortillas)
16 oz sour cream
2 bars of Philadelphia cream cheese
1 can Herdez salsa verde
1 can diced green chilies
3 - 6 green onions diced
1 -2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
Black pepper
Lawry’s garlic salt

Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Spread mixture on a flat tortilla. Go out to the edge but do not fill too full. Roll up as tightly as you can. Refrigerate the rolls for at least 5 hours. Slice with a serrated knife into half inch slices. Serve with con queso dip, been dip, chili cheese dip, or simply by themselves. I took these to Christmas Eve with my friend’s family and they were a big hit. I altered the recipes I found online by combining the best of what I liked from all of them. I got the idea from Jodi Levell since she makes them with her chili cheese dip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.