Friday, September 30, 2011

Verde Pork chops and Homemade Chicken Soup

I have been so busy at work this month, I have hardly made anything in my craft room. I haven't even finished the birthday cards for my mom, great aunt, and grandma for September. I have made some things to eat though, however, do not have pictures for both of them.

Verde Pork Chops (no picture)

For my Verde Chops, I actually threw items in the crock pot that I had on hand and then went searching for recipes. lol. A lot of the time, that's what I end up doing. I have to say...I was impressed. Just remember, I rarely cook with an actual recipe so it's hard for me to tell you how much you need to add.

2 bonless pork chops (thicker ones)
1 can Herdez salsa verde
1 can diced green chilies
1 can petite diced peeled tomatoes
4 or 5 gloves of minced garlic
Black Pepper
1 tsp onion flakes
Some shakes of chili powder
Some shakes of garlic powder

Throw all ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours. Turn to warm overnight. Let cool and put in the refridgerator until you serve them. I got a veggie bowl at Chipotle so I could have some rice and beans with it. I ate half a chop and half the salad each night for two nights. I took one chop to work and shared it with two of my coworkers and myself. It was a mere taste but they both asked for the "recipe".

Chicken - Veggie - Noodle - Rice soup



I made some chicken breasts in the crock pot for the soup base. I used one of the chicken breasts and added the other ingredients into a big pot for soup. I used the other chicken breasts with potatoes and gravy. I make this after Thanksgiving with fresh turkey so thought it  would be good with Chicken as well. I think I liked the chicken version best.

4 breasts of chicken
3 cans Swanson chicken broth
1 can petite diced peeled tomatoes
1 box chicken Rice-a-Roni with seasoning
1 cup egg noodles (cooked)
4 potatoes diced (cooked)
Half a bag of frozen corn
Half a bag of frozen French-cut green beans
Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb seasoning
Black Pepper
Garlic Salt

Put chicken breasts in the crock pot with pepper and chicken broth. Cook 6 or 8 hours until tender. Take one breast or two and shred to add to your soup. Add 2 other cans of chicken broth, tomatoes, veggies, rice-a-roni rice, and seasoning packet (no need to cook rice), add seasoning to taste. In a small pan, cook diced potatoes and wide egg noodles until tender. Add into soup mixture. Simmer for about an hour. Top with fresh parmesan cheese and serve with bread and butter if you want it. I didn't eat bread with mine this time. It makes a pretty big batch. This was good the first night, and better the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.