Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Roast Beef with Gravy - Crock pot

For all of those who know me and know that my specialty is pot roast made in the oven like grandma Leona used to make, I actually made one in the crock pot. It was delicious. I kind of used some recipes online and kind of modified it on my own. I have done the gravy with pork chops, earlier in my blog but had never done this for roast. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture of this.

1 roast
1 package Lipton onion soup mix
1 can Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
Garlic powder
Pepper

Put roast in crock pot frozen. You can do this with a thawed roast also, but mine was frozen. Because mine was frozen, I added a little bit of water while the roast was cooking. Cook in crock pot 6 – 8 hours and add the can of soup the last 2 hours of cooking. The roast had very good flavor before I added the cream of mushroom soup so I think you could just have it that way and use the juices as more of an Au Jus instead of a gravy. I used the gravy over fresh mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.