Monday, April 21, 2014

GCC0421 - Birthday Wishes

It's Monday! And that means a new challenge has been posted for the Greeting Card Challenge over at the Outlawz. This week, our theme is Wait a Minute Mr. Postman - use an embossed sentiment. Come on over and join along in the fun. 

This card...where do I begin? For now, you need to hum the theme to Giligan's Island. Once you have that song going on in your mind, instead of a 3-hour tour, it is a 6-hour card, a 6-hour card. It just took forever to get this card to come together. Not sure why, I had an idea in my head, then saw a sketch I liked, so changed direction. I ended up using this Creative Scrappers #266 sketch. Since this sketch was intended for a 12x12 scrapbook layout, I had to adjust a little and only use three circles on the side. I popped the main image and the main panel all on pop dots. I guess my card mojo was lacking or I was in slow motion. I cut the charms from my Life is a Beach cartridge. I'm so glad I found that one on sale a while back. It really has a lot of cute images. The charms had to be a little larger than originally planned to show the detail. I just had to use the flip flops charm. Those who know me, know that flip flops are a huge part of my shoe wardrobe. (I try and get a few nice pairs and a few cheap ones) each year. I try and coordinate my swimsuit and my flip flops and even my beach towels when I can. I know...I'm crazy. 



This week our sponsor is Rick St. Dennis. I chose the image Bitsy at the Beach



Challenges Submitted to: 
Creative Scrappers - cs sketch 266 revealed

Supplies: papers: Neenah, X-press It, Bazzill (black, blue), GSD (both sides), SU Pixie Pink, SU Daffodil. Stamps: RSD - Bitsy at the Beach digi, SU Garden Greetings. Inks: Memories pigment, Copics, American Crafts alcohol ink, Spectrum Noir. Accessories: Cricut, Life is a Beach cartridge, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug ef, Bazzill bling, Baker's twine, pop dots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.