Thursday, November 22, 2012

Noodles, Noodles, Noodles

I'm the only grandchild on my mom's side that knows how to make Grandma Leona's homemade noodles. They have hit my site before but it's a very rare occassion that I make them. I wanted them for Thanksgiving so offered to make a batch. Well, because I know how they go over with my family, I made a HUGE batch. Gram always said a batch uses 3 eggs. I made 6 batches (one batch for home for later). I thought I would never get them rolled out and cut. First you mix the dough, then separate each batch into two. There was so much food there, I still brought some home and people got doggie bags. That's not normally something that happens. I was a little suprised honestly. The pictures below show the steps. I did learn a valuable lesson this time. When you make this big of a batch, you need to roll two bundles, cut two bundles. I mixed and rolled and let the dough dry too much before cutting. They still worked and tasted just as good, just they noodles weren't "fluffed" like they would have been cutting them after two. The picture of the finished pan of noodles is the batch I made for later. Trust me, the pan on Thanksgiving was the large roasting pan and it was full to the bottom ridge at the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.