Monday, March 18, 2013

Congratulations Lael and Chase!

My friend Lael and her boyfriend, now fiance' were engaged last week. I made this card and then looked at the picture again to see how the proposal happened. I noticed the hot air balloon in the background so added it to the card. The balloon they went up in was in primary colors but I wanted the balloon to match my colors I used on the card. I did have a funny story for this. I colored clear rhinestones in aqua. I kept thinking how the color wasn't really showing up well. Then when I tried to pull the rhinestones off the plastic to put on the card, I ripped the outside packaging. I decided I must have been tired. Once I took them out of the packaging, the color went on and stayed on and was vibrant. I also added the bling on her fin as the engagement ring. I hope they like the card.

I used this digital image from Taylored Expressions before on another card. Here is the link to the free digis I used. 

If you would like to view my gallery at SplitCoast Stampers, you may do so here.

Supplies: Neenah white cardstock, SU Pool Party cardstock, SU Mellon Mambo cardstock, Recollections. Cricut, Lacey Lables cartridge, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders, SU Love Matters, G Studio stamp, Taylored Expressions free digi, rhinestones, copic markers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow spam or anonymous comments.